USING SUPER BOWL ADS IN THE CLASSROOM
©2006 Frank W Baker, Media Educator creator of the Media Literacy Clearinghouse
“Frank makes it easy for us (librarians/educators) to use Super Bowl ads as tools for deeper thinking about media messages.” (School Library Journal) “Last year I taught your lesson and my 5th & 6th grade students loved it.” (SC teacher)
February 12, 2023
US TV Network
TIMELY NEWS: Super Bowl Greatest Commercials TV Special (February 8 CBS TV)
The Role of Social Media In Super Bowl LVII Advertising
The annual Super Bowl game is one of the last appointment TV events: we still gather around the television at the time the game is played. For weeks before the big game, the media has been abuzz about the commercials. This website is designed to help you incorporate these ads into instruction, no matter what you teach. Use the links in the left hand column.
- NEW: Super Bowl Ads 95% Sold: Many Going for $7 Million
- REVISED/HANDOUT Who’s The Target Audience 2023?
- WATCH OUR WEBINAR Using Super Bowl Ads In The Classroom
- WORKSHEET/HANDOUT Super Bowl Ad Analysis Worksheet
- NEW: What makes a good ad? Deconstruct a Bud Ad (video)
- Teach Media Literacy With Super Bowl Ads
- History of Super Bowl Ad Costs (infographic)
- How to Deconstruct a TV Commercial (lesson plan)
- Teach Argument With This Beer Commercial (lesson plan)
- Teaching Ads As Argument
- Close Reading of Advertising Promotes Critical Thinking
- Is A Super Bowl Ad REALLY worth 5 Million Dollars?
- Do Super Bowl Ads Really Work?
Want to use Super Bowl commercials in your classroom?
Copyright: educators can legally record and use Super Bowl ads in instruction